Thursday 2 October 2008

Presidentiality



Obama struck me from the beginning as someone who can distinguish himself among exalted company. He is looking even better now, since being "presidential" is no mere symbolism. Obama is not only more presidential than McCain, he seems more presidential than anyone in my generation, and, luckily, he seems to be pretty well rounded in other relevant aspects as well. His stars certainly appear to be aligned, and hopefully, if elected he'll keep the length and breadth of his coat-tails to a minimum. By the way, I'm constantly amazed, and I mean consistently since these last two years, how little we hear about the fact that Nancy Pelosi is second in line for the presidency after Cheney. I was partly beginning to hope that Obama would pick Kathleen Sebelius just to pile on the "change" a bit more. That was not long after I read about New Zealand, that it was the only country where "all the highest offices in the land have been occupied simultaneously by women." Of course, Elizabeth II is first on that list...

No comments: